Sunday, August 7, 2016

Frog in my backyard pond jumping out of the water like a bullet trying to eat a leaf that was stuck on a cobweb - in slow motion (video)


It all started out so innocently.

There was a small pond. 

With a few fish.

And a pretty water lilly. 

And a crazy frog! 

Hi friends! I have something funny to share with you today. It's a short slow motion video! I filmed it last week in my backyard, and yes, I recorded the video on my iPhone. hehe.  

I shared this video clip on my Instagram last week, and then I realized I had to share it with you on the blog too, so I uploaded it to my YouTube channel and here it is. 

I love taking nature photos and shooting nature videos (especially slow motion videos) and if you follow my Instagram you probably already know this because you probably have already seen my "Woodpecker Listening to My Daughter Play Bass" videomy "Friendly Moth" videoand my most recent "Floating Butterfly" video. 

Hehe, I know - they're all kind of silly... But this frog is really something to see. 

The backstory: 
I was sitting outside in my "outdoor office" next to my fish pond, and I heard a splash. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mr. Frog jump a foot into the air! Then I noticed what he was jumping at... there was a small brown leaf stuck in a cobweb that was strung across my fishpond. The leaf was perfectly suspended about 18 inches above the surface of the water, and it spun and bobbed in the breeze. Mr. Frog took notice. He jumped again. Then again. Then I grabbed my phone...keep your eye on the frog!

 Enjoy! 



I love how he uses his hands to try to scoop the leaf into his mouth! What do you think?


I hope you have a great week! 
Love, 
Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns


article and images ©Laura Beth Love 2016